CORN BREAD SALAD - Serves 10 - 12
1 (1 oz) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Salad Dressing Mix
1 cup sour cream (I used lite)
1 cup mayo (I used lite)
1 (9") pan cooked Tex-Mex Cornbread,* crumbled
3 large tomatoes, chopped
2 (16 oz) cans pinto beans, drained
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 (17 oz) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- Combine salad dressing mix, sour cream and mayo. Set aside.
- Place half of the crumbled cornbread in the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Top with half the beans.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and onions; layer half of this mixture over beans
- Layer half of the cheese, bacon, corn and reserved salad dressing
- Repeat layers, using remaining ingredients. Garnish as desired.
- Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.